Holy Trinity church serves as the civic church of Weymouth. Amongst its many commitments to the town it also works very closely with the Weymouth Royal National Lifeboat Institution. Canon Andrew Gough vicar at Holy Trinity and Chaplain to the RNLI recently dedicated a new Standard at a ceremony in the church attended by dignitaries and members of local uniformed organisations in and around Weymouth and supporters. He reminded all present that the Standard represented our duty to God, the Queen and our nation and our witness to the purpose and ideals of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
The Weymouth lifeboat Station is one of the busiest Lifeboat stations on the coast, undertaking around a hundred ‘shouts’ a year and covering 1330 square miles. We continue to be grateful to the men and women who give of their time as crew to keep us safe.